Monday, August 29, 2011

Baby Dolls! You gotta love 'em

Ponderings:  I'm getting ready for my church's Labor Day doll sale. A friend of mine donated this cutie. I am so in love with her!!! She's so squeezable and soft and cute and just sweet! It's been a long time since I held a baby or even a baby doll! Too long. But that makes me even more excited because I'm going to be helping teach the 2 -3 year olds in Bible Study Fellowship. They're not babies, but close enough. I am really looking forward to it. Hope I do a good job. Hope I tell the stories well on their level and remember the finger plays and sing "this is the way we clean up our toys!" And we'll be thanking God just the way I did when I was a little girl.  Did you ever pray this blessing at meals?
 "Thank you for the world so sweet.  Thank you for the food we eat. Thank you for the birds that sing. Thank you, God, for everything."

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

YES! We did say that blessing and some others too. I hope your teaching the little ones is as much fun as you hope.
The baby doll is cute too. What kind is she? I don't think I have ever seen her before.

AuntLou said...

She's darling!

No, I've heard that little prayer, but I don't remember ever praying it, myself.

:)

beachbabydoll1 said...

Bama, the doll is a collectible vinyl and fabric doll by Phyllis Parkins.

beachbabydoll1 said...

Thank you, all, for comments!