Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A purse for American Girl Dolls out of Wall Covering!


Vinyl wall covering makes a great purse material. It sort of looks like leather. This is a purse I made.  I got an old wall covering sample book from the paint store for free. You can cut it easily and sew through it or use glue. This book had designs that are perfect for purses. I made the strap out of 3 kinds of yarn braided together.  To close the purse, I sewed on a shiny copper-look button and made a braided yarn loop. On the flap I used my scallop scizzors. Many paint stores throw their old books out, so just ask for one and thank them profusely. Fun! Put a real penny in it for your doll!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cool! You are really clever! Nicole the doll is also very sweet-looking. :-)

beachbabydoll1 said...

Thanks, Hannah!